Livelihood Facilitation Centers
|Skill development and initial support for starting a livelihood is not enough for marginalized rural people to be successful in their effort. They need further assistance and guidance. Livelihood Facilitation Centre (LFC) is a place where women can receive support to continue their livelihoods.
- Updating technical knowledge
- Supply of raw materials at reasonable prices
- Provision of market information
- Facilitate for business registrations – Ensuring legal status of women’s businesses
- Coordination of services
- Organizing trade events and
- Developing marketing linkages are the main services provide by LFCs.
The LFCs are established by FRIENDS in project locations mobilizing self-employed women. These centres are graduated to independent social enterprises earning an income to meet the expenditure while rendering services expected by the community. A capacitated community resources team is available under each LFC to conduct technical trainings for non-traditional livelihoods. FRIENDS facilitates, guides and monitors the activities of LFCs to provide effective and efficient services to the communities.